Did you know that NetSuite can integrate with a Punchout catalog and make B2B shopping and data management easier than ever?
If you're using NetSuite and work in procurement, these NetSuite integrations could be invaluable to your business.
We're comparing two popular Punchout NetSuite integrations: Punchout for NetSuite and Punchout2Go. Here are the benefits of each, and how to choose the right one for your business.
What is a Punchout Catalog?
Before we get into the specific integrations, we want to define exactly what they do. Each of these integrations connects a Punchout catalog with NetSuite.
Punchout catalogs automate purchase orders by connecting a buyer's online procurement application to an eCommerce store.
This makes your life a lot easier for two reasons:
- Buyers can shop normally on third-party websites
- Sellers don't have to create manual purchase orders
Instead of having to manually input purchase order data from an eCommerce website into NetSuite, everything is carried over automatically. Plus, it's a seamless experience for the buyers, too!
Punchout catalogs can be integrated with many different ERP tools, but the focus of these integrations is how a Punchout catalog can integrate with NetSuite.
However, Punchout catalogs aren't automatically set up to run within NetSuite. That's why third-party companies have set up their own integrations. Here's how the top two compare.
What is Punchout for NetSuite?
Punchout for NetSuite is a Punchout catalog integration created by our cloud software team at SCS Cloud. It lets buyers build an order directly on the vendor's website, such as Amazon, then takes them to NetSuite and automatically generates a purchase order.
The buyers will navigate to NetSuite and select the vendor they want to purchase inventory from, such as UPS.
They'll "punch out" to the website to shop, so the shopping experience is just like any other order. Once the cart is full and they're ready to complete their purchase, you'll "punch out" and go back to NetSuite to complete the order.
Benefits of Punchout for NetSuite
- Faster purchase order creations - When you use Punchout for NetSuite, you don't have to wait for employees to see a new order and manually create the purchase order. They're available almost instantaneously right within NetSuite.
- Less room for purchase order errors - Manual purchase order creation means there's a lot more room for errors. With an automated system, everything is directly imported from one vendor to NetSuite.
- Procurement is linked directly to NetSuite - Instead of worrying about inputting data from a vendor site into NetSuite, everything is 100% connected.
- Quick NetSuite installation - As long as the supplier's site is supported, it's quick to set up Punchout for NetSuite. If you work with a supplier who doesn't have the necessary infrastructure for this yet, we can build you a custom integration.
What is Punchout2Go?
Punchout2Go is another Punchout Catalog NetSuite integration. This tool expands its scope beyond NetSuite, as it can connect with many other software including Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Adobe Commerce, and SAP Commerce Cloud.
So, while it wasn't solely built for NetSuite, it can fully support NetSuite.
Just like Punchout for NetSuite, Punchout2Go works the same way. The buyer clicks on a vendor website through their NetSuite catalog. Then, they shop on that website as they always do. Once they're finished shopping, they "punch out" and complete the transaction with NetSuite fulfillment.
Benefits of Punchout2Go
- Two-way data translation - Punchout2Go's Gateway supports two-way translation of data formats and protocols at an affordable cost.
- Supports multiple eProcurement platforms - Punchout2Go also supports many different eProcurement software including Coupa, SAP ERP, and Ariba.
- Reduces the cost of procurement - By automating an otherwise manual process, Punchout2Go helps companies save money on procurement for both the buyer and the seller.
- Supports additional data - On top of transferring purchase order information, Punchout2Go can also transfer shipping notifications, invoices, and acknowledgments between NetSuite and an eProcurement platform.
Punchout for NetSuite vs Punchout2Go
How They Compare
These two Punchout NetSuite integrations are similar in a few ways:
- In general, they both work the same way - both integrations allow customers to "punch out" from NetSuite, shop on a third-party website as normal, then "punch in" to NetSuite to complete their order. They will both automatically add all purchase order data directly to NetSuite.
- They help you save money on procurement costs - By saving time (and money) on manual data entry, eliminating errors from manual entry, and streamlining purchase orders, your company will save money with either integration.
How They Differ
While Punchout for NetSuite and Punchout2Go operate in very similar ways, there are a few key differences:
- Punchout for NetSuite was designed solely for NetSuite - While Punchout2Go is a more general product compatible with many different ERP and eProcurement systems, Punchout for NetSuite was only focused on working with NetSuite. This means the integration is designed to perform its best on NetSuite. That said, if you need support for an eProcurement system that's a bit more niche, Punchout2Go might be a good choice.
- Punchout for NetSuite is a quick integration - Since Punchout for NetSuite was only designed to operate with NetSuite, it's very quick to integrate with your NetSuite setup. Punchout2Go might take additional time to configure depending on how your NetSuite and eProcurement systems are set up.
Need Help Choosing a NetSuite Punchout Integration Tool?
We can help! Our team of cloud software experts is dedicated to finding you the solution that best fits your company's needs.
Schedule a FREE consultation to learn more about how a NetSuite Punchout integration could benefit your business.